Before you can upload your transactions into Solo you need to export them from your online bank account.
The process of exporting transactions is similar across all the major banks in New Zealand. So if you don’t see your bank listed below try using the most generic instructions to help you get started.
It’s best to export all the transactions from any accounts that you use to receive income or to make business purchases from. Export your transactions since the beginning of the financial year (1 April) in either an OFX or QIF file type. It doesn’t matter which date format you select when exporting the file as Solo accepts all date formats.
How to get OFX or QIF files from your bank:
- Log into your online banking
- Select the account you want to download transactions for
- Find a “view statements” or “view transaction history” or similar tab and click on it
- Insert the date range, usually from 1 April to today
- Make sure you select the OFX or QIF option as the “Output” or “Format”
- Click “Export”, “Save” or “Download” and the file will be saved to wherever your computer usually saves files
- Now login to Solo and go to the Upload File page to upload your file
- Your transactions will appear in the Income and Expenses pages ready for you to categorise.
For step by step instructions with screenshots select your bank below:
- From the Accounts screen select the Account you wish to download transactions for.
- Select ‘Export transactions’ .
- Select the time frame and QIF or OFX format, then click ‘Export’.
- Under ‘Accounts’ look for the “Search/export options” button.
- Export a QIF or OFX file.
Log in to internet banking, then:
- From the main screen, click on an account.
- Click on Export at the top of the screen.
- In the pop-up, use the dropdown menus to select a file format (QIF of OFX) and a date range.
- Click Export.
- Log in to FastNet Classic.
- On the left hand main navigation menu, under ‘Accounts’, select ‘Search and Export’
- Select the account you wish to work with and select a date range. Click on the calendar icon to the right of the date range box to select a month and make sure you specify a particular day, such as 1 April.
- Select OFX or QIF export format.
- Select Export.
Follow the steps below to export transactions using ANZ Internet Banking:
- Log into ANZ Internet Banking
- Navigate to the account for which transactions you would like to export
- Click Export
- Select the date range and OFX or QIF file format.
- Click Export
- Login to your internet banking.
- Select the account you want to export.
- Select a date range and click Export.
- From the dropdown menu select the QIF file format. The file will automatically download to your computer.